Friday, February 15, 2013

How do I use this French washing machine?!?


While on vacation, my clothing supply had finally dwindled down to a few items. I knew this would happen when I packed, because I had to share my luggage space with my daughter. I also knew that the place we were staying had a washing machine. The only set back? Everything is in French.

 Bonjour!
However, this is the day and age of Google, so I figured it should be no problem. I proceeded to Google "Viva Electroniqué 1200 instructions in English" and received very few helpful results. In my frustration, I finally Googled "How do I use this French washing machine?" which FINALLY yielded some useful information.

So, with iPhone in hand, I embarked on operating this strange contraption. It was the most nerve wrecking 2 hours of my vacation (yes, it takes their machines that long) as I checked the kitchen every 15 minutes expecting to see the whole place flooded. After a spin cycle that sounded like a jet taking off, I was finally able to remove my clothes. Success!!


Thankfully the dryer was much more low tech.




2 comments: